- Please email Info@NestVT.com and request to be sent an application. Please include the names and email addresses of all adults (18 years of age) who intend to occupy the unit.
- Provide NestVT with cell phone and/or direct lines for references to expedite reference process.
- Please complete the application fully.
Once all applications have been submitted, they will be sent to the landlord for review. The landlord will choose tenants based on strength of application and references. The most important factors include:
- References: We will contact prior landlords to inquire whether rent was paid in a timely manner, and on the condition of the property during occupancy and move-out.
- Credit history: Good established credit and preferred credit scores of at least 700.
- Background check and prior Eviction screening.
- If you are currently a homeowner and are actively marketing your home for sale, please provide a link to the listing for your property. Please provide documentation of your mortgage payment history.
- Employment verification: NestVT will confirm current employment status, including length of employment and current income. If you are starting a position with a new employer, a signed acceptance letter on company letterhead will be sufficient.
- Rent to income ratio: The following criteria is considered a reasonable range: 25-29% of income spent on rent if the rental price DOES NOT include utilities (heat and/or electric). If utilities (heat and/or electric) are included a ratio of 30-35% of income is acceptable.